Thinking of making your home or business more energy efficient? Chances are you have heard about wall and loft insulation, double and triple glazing but have you considered your ceiling? Did you even know that ceilings have different levels of energy efficiency? As a manufacturer, supplier and installer of stretch ceilings we do – it’s one of the core benefits of stretch ceilings over traditional ceilings after all.
How do Stretch Ceilings Help With Energy Efficiency?
The core energy saving benefit of stretch ceilings is due to their installation below the original ceiling. This creates an air layer above your new ceiling which acts like double glazing to insulate your room. If you want to make the room even more energy efficient you can add additional insulation into this layer. At the same time as adding an insulating layer above, your new stretch ceiling also reduces the volume of air in the room that need to be heated below, so less heating is required again!
More Environmental Benefits of Stretch Ceilings
Stretch ceilings also provide a number of longer-term environmental benefits:
- They use minimal energy to manufacture, install and maintain.
- They are long lasting – Easy Ceiling Technologies offers a 10 year guarantee but your ceiling should last much longer!
- They are non-toxic, easy to clean and do not suffer from damp or corrosion.
- Use far less materials than other ceiling options.
- Most stretch ceiling fabrics are 100% recyclable.
Easy Ceiling Technologies is a Sussex based manufacturer, supplier and installer of stretch ceilings. We have recently joined the University of Brighton’s Pioneering Green Growth Platform.
Please get in touch to find out more.